|A student can be referred to the SAP Team by school staff, parents, or other students when there is a concern about the student’s well being.After a student is referred, the team gathers information from school staff about how the student is currently functioning and develops an intervention plan to help the student.This may involve:
- having a team member be a mentor for the student
- having the team monitor the student’s progress
- asking the student to be in a support group
- referring the student and/or parents to professional service providers
- or, conducting a formal clinical assessment of the student’s needs by the social worker
If you have any concerns about a student within the Penn Manor School District and/or wish to refer him/her, you can follow one of the links in the Links list to:
- fill out a SAP Referral.
- or, fill out a SAP Teacher Checklist when directed to do so by a SAP Team Member.
For more information about the SAP Team, please contact a team member at 872-9510.
Please also visit the state SAP web site